All kayaks ZET are provided with an extended warranty:
- Two years * for the shell and other parts of the kayak
* The validity of the 2-year warranty begins on the date of purchase.
Conditions of the claim:
- The boat must be free from all impurities
- The complainee must present a valid warranty, a receipt (containing the production code corresponding to the code of the claimed kayak)
- Complaints can be made at the point of purchase
- The justification of the claim must be authorized by the producer (a retailer in consultation with the manufacturer)
Warranty is not valid in these cases:
- Any damage due to improper, excessive, or abusive use, mechanical damage with a sharp object, non-specialized interventions to the shell of the kayak, and equipment of the boat (including customization, repair, etc.)
- damage during transportation and shipping
- damage to the kayak, through prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, high heat, or severe cold
- damage to the boat from the usage of a modified brace or without the reinforcing foam
- defects applied from the manufacturer (seller) without a valid warranty certificate and deficiencies made after the warranty period
- normal wear and usage
- The manufacturer or seller undertakes to change (and/ or repair) the kayak or any part thereof, subject to the warranty conditions.
- Part of the guarantee does not include damage directly or indirectly incurred by a defect in the ship or its equipment.
Canoeing is a potentially dangerous sport, and ZET Kayaks company assumes no liability for any damage or injury incurred in connection with the use of its products.
ZET Factory back-band length
The back-band webbing length that supports the backrest in the ZET kayaks is a specific length to ensure proper geometry of angle from the side of the cockpit rim. Any modifications to the length of the back-band will VOID manufacturer warranty. If the webbing has been shortened it puts undue strain on the cockpit rim which can cause cracking. If you have shortened your back-band please email us for a free back-band webbing replacement.